In the midst of Covid-19 induced social distancing and facility closures, traditional training strategies have been negatively impacted. Many athletes and coaches are utilizing this time to integrate complementary performance enhancement into the resultant training regimes. To support these efforts, we’ve pulled together a select list of freely available podcast episodes that can support efforts toward long-term athletic success during this unusual training period.
The mental game:
- Recent published research has demonstrated mental toughness can be developed through the integration of specific practical strategies. This episode provides a solid starting point on how to get started and then how to build from there: https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/2003935
- Matt (Fitzgerald) on Motivation – author of the classics How Bad Do You Want It? and Ironwar takes us deeper: https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/1051775
- Human performance expert Dr. Fergus Connolly provides tools and tactics utilized by the world’s best athletes: https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/2593117
- Peak Performance and The Passion Paradox author Brad Stulberg discusses going all-in, whether sport or life: https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/931469
- In one of our earliest recorded interviews, the SweatScience guru Dr. Alex Hutchinson takes us behind the scenes of Endure: Mind, Body and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance: https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/913527
- Dr. Allen Lim (Skratch) – https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/1050420
- Nancy Clark, RD – https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/1188587
- Dr. Stephan Guyenet (The Hungry Brain) – https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/1996036
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV)- Dr. Emma Mosley: https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/2593189
- Sleep secrets with Dr. Meeta Singh, sleep physician for the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL: https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/972279
- Realities of Recovery – Christie Aschwanden: https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/1143911
- Willpower & stress – Dr. Kelly McGonigal: https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/1950243
Elite Coaches and Athletes:
- 4X Ironman World Champ Chrissie Wellington: https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/1585015
- Training Peaks Founder Joe Friel: https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/1188653
- The Mayor of Running Bart Yasso: https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/1134572
- The Monday Morning Catalyst – this weekly feature runs less than 5 minutes but will provide you with the spark to get things rolling in the right direction. Kick-off episode available here: https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/3003565 or access Catalyst Health, Wellness & Performance podcast via any podcast outlet.
- Credible Covid-19 information is tough to come by. This interview with Mayo Clinic Infectious Disease Specialist Dr. Rizwan Sohail had our most 1st day downloads of all time for a very good reason: https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/3059782
- Creating a powerful, personal vision to drive your athletic pursuits through good times and bad: https://www.buzzsprout.com/204059/2195558 (brief introductory video to the concept available here: https://youtu.be/WplaxsaTqkE )
These episodes, along with our entire library of evergreen topics and insights are available directly at https://www.catalystcoachinginstitute.com/podcast or by searching Catalyst Health, Wellness & Performance on Apple Podcasts/iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Pandora, Deezer and other major podcast outlets. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions at [email protected].