Rocky Mountain Coaching Retreat & Symposium
September 6-8, 2019
Are you tired of the same old conference? Are you looking to recharge your battery, improve your skills as a health and wellness coach and earn ICHWC approved CECs all at the same time? Are you looking for ways to expand your impact as a coach or grow your business? What if you discovered you could do all of this in one of the most beautiful places in the country for less than the cost of a typical conference??
The Rocky Mountain Retreat & Symposium offers health and wellness coaches an unparalleled opportunity for professional advancement and personal growth, at an overall (conference, housing and meals) price that’s a fraction of the standard wellness coaching conference. For total costs that are 30 – 50% less than a typical, big-city coaching conference, the Rocky Mountain Retreat & Symposium offers three days of education, wellness, business learning, and personal renewal. To keep the event intimate and focused, space is limited, so please book your spot today! By the way, there is a “6 Months – No Interest” option through PayPal at checkout for those who would like to spread out the payment process.
Programming will include a range of topics to enhance your coaching skills, expand your vision and re-energize your life. In addition to engaging general sessions. secret sharing TED-like talks, coaching panels and battery booster breakouts, you’ll also have a range of options from which you can select the best fit for you during our track training series (including both coaching and business building options). The retreat was developed by Nationally Board Certified Health & Wellness Coaches, so you can be confident about the content. The speakers are experienced, informative and engaging but also will place an emphasis on evidence-based practices (not just opinions or headlines), so you know coming in the content is based on the latest physiological, psychological and behavioral change research. Perhaps most importantly of all, the schedule is organized in a way that will allow you to adopt this new training and vision in a format that will leave you refreshed and renewed as you head back home to continue helping your clients move toward #BetterThanYesterday!
Rocky Mountain Coaching Retreat & Symposium Registration
September 6-8, 2019 (3:00 PM Friday through 3:00 PM Sunday)
The schedule includes:
- Downtime. That’s right – downtime. As health & wellness coaches, we work hard and often put in long hours behind the scenes to help our clients become their best selves. However, we often miss out on the opportunity (the need!) to do the things that allow us to become our own best selves. This retreat turns the typical jam-packed, often overwhelming and physically draining conference upside down. You will earn plenty of CEUs (17 qualifying credits). But our unique scheduling approach allows you to learn in a relaxed setting that puts your need for rejuvenation at the forefront.
- Dual educational tracks, allowing you to focus your time either on your coaching skills or your business/program development (or both – you’re welcome to go back and forth between the two based on the specific topic of interest)
- ICHWC-approved CEUs. You’ll earn a full 17 CEUs at the retreat. However, we’ve also been extremely purposeful in developing a schedule that will allow you to return home rested and recovered, ready to share yourself with your clients in a new way.
- Garner tips, tools and resources from other coaches who are actually working as coaches to enhance your skills, upgrade your coaching and your life.
- Clarify your values and vision as a health & wellness coach.
- Additional “people time” for the extroverts in attendance, and peaceful quiet time for the introverts (or the extroverts who just need time to think)
- No extra charge for the beautiful mountain scenery, fresh air, and a wide range of optional activities available during the retreat 🙂
Accommodations: The YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park, Colorado, will host our first Rocky Mountain Coaching Retreat and Symposium. The YMCA of the Rockies provides a beautiful setting that is also very affordable.
Make a reservation: You may book on-line Rocky Mountain Coaching Retreat 2019 or by phone 888-613-9622. Be sure to mention the Rocky Mountain Coaching Retreat and Symposium group block.
Room rate options: $168-208/night (INCLUDING ALL MEALS) for single room
- You can also request 2-6 people/room to reduce rate down to $73-129/night (yes – this still includes your meals!)
Interested in a roommate?: We’ve set up a private Facebook group for the retreat. Once you register, you can request to join and then use the site to arrange a roommate (or two!) and communicate with other attendees.
Hotel deposit: Please note that a 35% deposit payable to the YMCA is due when making a reservation. Upon receipt of the 35% deposit by the YMCA, a lodging confirmation and reservation number will be emailed to you.
Extend your stay: If you would like to enjoy our beautiful mountain location beyond the dates of the group’s stay, please secure your reservation first for the dates of the event. Then please call Central Reservations at (888) 613-9622 to add the additional nights to your existing reservation. Please have your reservation number handy.
Lodging Questions?: Please contact the YMCA Central Reservations Office at (888) 613-9622, and refer to the Rocky Mountain Coaching Retreat and Symposium group block.
With an emphasis on re-focusing, relaxing and re-energizing (without breaking the budget), we’ve included all six meals (Friday evening through Sunday afternoon) as part of the housing rate provided by the YMCA of the Rockies. Meals are provided “cafeteria style” and offer a wide range of vegan, gluten free, vegetarian and other alternatives.
Why a Retreat?
As a health and wellness coach, you are constantly giving of yourself to help your clients improve their lives. While this is an incredible opportunity and an amazing way to invest our lives, we also need to take time in our own lives to get refreshed and refocused. We saw plenty of options for coaches to attend classes, seminars and conferences, but none that would provide CEUs while helping get that “spark” back. This retreat was designed to do exactly that. In addition, we found personally that our most valuable weekend of the entire year in terms of our own business is our retreat. So we decided to bring that experience to others in a way that would make a positive difference in the world.
How do I get there?
Estes Park is approximately 1.5 hours from Denver. If flying, please book your flight into Denver International Airport (DIA). The YMCA of the Rockies is approximately 2 hours from DIA.
Shuttle service: You can arrange shuttle service from Denver International Airport through Estes Park Shuttle. Book online or via phone at 970-488-9950.
I’m not a health and wellness coach. Can I attend this retreat?
Sorry – no. This retreat is specific to health and wellness Coaches.
How is this different from a conference?
Conferences can be outstanding events and well worth the time, energy and money to attend as they provide a great opportunity to learn from a wide range of presenters and earn some continuing education credits within a few days. We’re big fans of (and actually speak regularly at) several of them. This retreat will also provide the opportunity for continuing education, but will do so in a setting that will allow time (and an incredible setting) to relax and rejuvenate while also (if desired) providing time to meet with peers and learn from others beyond the actual coursework. You’ll return home with a new skip in your step to accompany the new knowledge in your head!
What should I pack?
Weather in Colorado can change quickly. September is historically the most beautiful month of the year. The evenings are cool and the days (typically) filled with sunshine. Pack in layers (ie, t-shirt, sweatshirt, jacket) so you can adjust with the day. Bring comfortable shoes and sunglasses if you plan to do some hiking. Of course, it never hurts to check that weather before you head out!
I’m an experienced health and wellness coach. Is this worth my attending?
Most definitely. You will have the opportunity to select the courses that apply most to your background and future plans. You’ll also be surrounded by experienced health & wellness coaches from a variety of settings, and will actually have the time (if desired) to share notes and ideas between you. Perhaps best of all, you’re likely to recapture that energy that lead you into the wonderful profession of health & wellness coaching years (or decades) ago!
I am a new health and wellness Coach. Will this retreat be over my head?
Thanks for asking – this will be perfect for you! In addition to a tremendous lineup of speakers and training programs, you’ll have the chance to meet coaches from across the country (globe) who are always interested in sharing their experiences. From enhancing your skills as a coach to building (if desired) your own practice or heading up your organization’s wellness program, this retreat will provide you the tools and resources you need to move forward – successfully.
Cancellation policy details?
We understand life gets in the way of even the best of plans – and sometimes it happens at the worst possible time – like when we were planning to attend an incredible event like the Rocky Mountain Health & Wellness Coaching Retreat and there is no other option but to have to cancel those plans. On the organizational side of the event, there is an immense amount of planning that goes into all of the details, and much of that is based on the specific attendees, their choice of training sessions, etc. Since the Retreat is designed to serve the needs of health & wellness coaches in a smaller, more personalized format than a traditional large conference setting, changes in attendee plans can have a more negative effect than normal. With those two in mind, we have put the following cancellation policy in place in the event that cancellation becomes necessary.
- Cancellation prior to June 6th: Full refund minus a $150 processing fee OR choose to receive 85% credit toward a future Catalyst event, continuing education course or certification training
- Cancellation between June 7th – July 22nd: Full refund minus a $250 processing fee OR choose to receive 75% credit toward a future Catalyst event, continuing education course or certification training
- Cancellation after July 22nd: Refund not available after this date, but we will credit your account with Catalyst with 50% of the cost of your registration that can be used toward a future retreat, certification or continuing education credit
We look forward to having you join us – please feel free to reach out to us with any questions about the above. Please note, housing cancellation is specific to the YMCA and not connected to Catalyst – please see those details related to cancellation on their website.
Is the Retreat designed for NBC-HWC Coaches?
We are pleased to have individuals from a wide variety of different wellness coach certification programs joining us at the retreat. Those who have earned the esteemed NBC-HWC designation will earn ICHWC CECs at the RMHWC Retreat and add to your coaching toolbox, new friends to your network, and a new skip in your step as you return back home to continue changing the world for the better – one client at a time!
HOWEVER, if you are not currently Nationally Board Certified (whether you’re on a path toward doing so or not), you’ll absolutely find the Retreat to be a great spot to enhance your skills and re-energize your life and career.
Is a payment plan available to spread out the cost?
While we’re excited to be able to keep the total cost of the retreat quite low compared to the cost of registration, room and board at a more traditional conference, we also fully understand that it can be helpful to the budget to spread out payments. The YMCA has a separate process for the cost of rooms and meals that involves only a partial down payment. For the retreat registration fee, if you would like to spread out your investment, it is available!
You’ll see an option for “PayPal Credit” when you get to the check-out spot in the registration. This is coordinated completely through PayPal (we won’t even know you selected this option), but we’ve found it can be a helpful alternative for many of our attendees.
- Registration is $795/person
- Early bird registration (before May 27th) is only $595/person
- Group registration – Groups of 3 or more save an additional 10% (this discount can be applied to the early bird registration rate)
- Total costs (registration, room, and board) for the Rocky Mountain Retreat and Symposium are 30 – 50% less than comparable wellness conferences. You won’t find a better deal for this level of education with this type of immersive experience.