Take your wellness coaching to the next level! For those of you interested in increasing your expertise, learning more advanced skills, and adding some fresh ideas to your coaching repertoire – completion of the Master Certified Wellness Coach (MCWC) certification is for you! The focus of this advanced training will be on a more in-depth study of coaching skills and is meant for the experienced Certified Wellness Coach.
Note: Completion of the CCI Master Certified Wellness Coach program will qualify you as graduating from an approved Transition Program as a requirement needed to take the National Wellness Exam through the NBHWC.
To learn more about the changes in credentialing within the wellness coaching field, please visit this site: www.ichwc.org . Join us on the cutting edge of developments in wellness coaching!
- Completion of the Catalyst Coaching Institute’s Certified Wellness Coach (CWC) Fast Track program. (If you completed the CCI Distance Learning program, you may attend a 2 day Fast Track training event at no additional charge to meet this requirement). Current Fast Track students may participate in the advanced training upon request.
This course will consist of five 2 hour live webinars (10 contact hours) which will include instruction, interaction and practice.
Topics will include the following:
- Advanced Motivational Interviewing and Appreciative Inquiry Skills – This course will review Appreciative Inquiry skills and basic motivational interviewing skills and allow you as the coach to determine which of these skills you utilize on a regular basis and which skills you have forgotten. We will then introduce higher level skills for you to implement by sharing real life client scenarios. The field of MI is growing rapidly, so it is important to stay abreast of the most recent evidence based research in the industry. A summary of recent research will assist in your own understanding of the breadth of MI as well as provide you with detailed resources to share with others interested in the basis of your wellness coaching methodology. Taught by Sabryna Liddle.
- Integration of Reality Therapy and Solution Focused Therapy Concepts in Wellness Coaching – This course will highlight portions of Wubbolding’s WDEP System of Reality Therapy to help your client answer the following questions: What do you want? What are you doing now? How is that working for you? What do you need to do differently to get what you want? Utilizing tools from Solution Focused Therapy, the coach will help the client identify goals and then envision what life will be like when the goal is accomplished by utilizing concepts such as the miracle question, scaling questions, exception-seeking questions and coping questions. Taught by Liz Young.
- When SMART Goals Go Unmet Time After Time: The Role of Self-Efficacy in Coaching – There is a strong link between what we believe about our abilities and meeting our goals. This course will explore the interaction of our thoughts, feelings and actions. We will focus on practical tools you can use to assess your client’s beliefs and then help the client move forward. Tools discussed will include setting a reachable small goal, social modeling, building a strong support network, creating a stress management plan, and countering negative self-talk. Taught by Suzanna Cooper.
- Creating Positive Habits and Coaching in Challenging Scenarios – In this course, learn how to better enable your client to create and sustain positive habits with actionable, accessible tips. You will be exposed to the psychological mechanisms behind habit-making as well as focus on tangible strategies to ditch negative habits and plant desirable ones. The second section of this course will address how to handle the most challenging client scenarios. Learn how to tackle negativity, low motivation, defensiveness and more with specific tools and a new outlook. Taught by Sabryna Liddle.
- Self Care – the Values and Benefits in Coaching – This course explores the most important tool in wellness coaching, YOU. The research supports that for a coach to be most effective, the coach must have good self-awareness and an understanding of their values to be able to model for their clients good overall health as well as engage through understanding and empathy to move their clients forward. This course helps you take the time to identify imbalances in your life and self-care strategies that are important to you so that you can be available for your clients and help make an impact in their life. Taught by Susan McGarry.
- Winter Series 2019: Wednesday evenings 6:00-8:00 PM Mountain Daylight Time
- Jan. 9th, Jan. 16th, Jan. 23rd, Jan. 30th and Feb. 6th
- Fall Series 2019: Wednesday evenings 6:00-8:00 PM Mountain Daylight Time
- Sept. 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th and Oct. 2nd
Total Cost of the 10 hours of advanced training: $549 for CCI graduates and current students (6 month no interest payment option available). 2018/2019 discounted price of $500.
[button id=”” class=”” align=”center” link=”https://www.catalystcoachinginstitute.com/training/certification/master-certified-wellness-coach-registration/” linkTarget=”_self” bgColor=”accent2″ font=”24″ icon=”arrow-right8″ icon_placement=”left” icon_color=”accent1″]Register Now[/button]