What an incredible time to be engaged in the world of wellness – yet at the same time, changes are taking place rapidly and staying on top of everything can be challenging. You’ve likely heard about the new National Board Exam for Wellness Coaches
through the International Consortium for Health and Wellness Coaching (ICHWC). The very first board exam took place this past September with over 1,000 coaches taking this step internationally. Needless to say, it’s a pretty big deal for our profession. If you’ve been considering going down this path, here are some of the key things you’ll want to know in advance:
- The last chance to earn your Board Certification under the transition phase (before they increase the requirements) will be in November of 2018. However, there are multiple steps that must begin here in Q1 in order for you to qualify for November.
- The application window for November ends on June 30th! In order to qualify for the exam, there are several important steps necessary, including completing all coursework, coaching sessions and paperwork.
- We’ve scheduled the February 24-25th FastTrack in Colorado to specifically allow you adequate time to meet these national requirements for the June application window.
- Especially for new coaches or those just getting started, it’s critical to be aware of the timelines involved. If this is you, please send an email to our Chief Learning Officer, Suzanna, and she would be happy to talk through the details specific to your situation.
In addition to the FastTrack training, we’ve also scheduled complimentary study sessions to help our graduates adequately prepare for the exam. These study sessions paid off very nicely in 2017, as the pass rate for our graduates was significantly higher than the national average. In fact, we’ve since had two of our coaches invited to participate in the question-writing process for exams.
If you’re not looking to pursue the national board exam, there are still a couple of key items for you to note:
- The Distance Learning option is available to you on-demand, right from your home or office. Start when you’re ready and wrap it up on your schedule.
- If you start with the Distance Learning option and later decide to pursue the full national board exam, we give you full credit of what you’ve already invested toward the current cost of the FastTrack.
- After holding our tuition rates steady for 7 years, they’ll be increasing on March 1st, 2018. Register now (even if using our “6 months, no interest” option) and save almost $300 off the CWC certification (and even more off the MCWC if you decide to go that route with your training).
No need to rush into anything. However, if you were on the fence and have decided to pursue your wellness coach certification in 2018, acting now will save you both significant time and money. We’re happy to discuss your specific situation and answer any questions you may have but please don’t wait if you’re serious about this in ’18.
As always, please feel free to contact us anytime with questions at Results@CatalystCoachingInstitute.com.