Distance Learning Wellness Coach Certification
If you’re looking for the best available option to earn your CWC (Certified Wellness Coach) certification but are unable to join us in Colorado for the on-site portion of the certification training, we now offer a Distance Learning alternative. This option allows you to complete the entire CWC certification from the comfort of your own home or office, without the additional cost of travel.
This alternative incorporates a mix of on-line coursework, webinars, forums, reading and practice sessions with Mentor Coaches to help you become the most effective wellness coach possible. Upon completion, you will earn the same CWC certification as a Certified Wellness Coach and be ready to practice in a wide range of settings. As an added bonus, coaches selecting the “Distance Learning” option can attend the on-site 2 day in person training at no additional charge – this option allows our Distance Learners to be on the pathway towards the National Wellness Exam if desired.
- 5 Coaching Skills Webinars focusing on instruction in Motivational Interviewing, Behavioral Change Models, Goal Setting, Temperament Training (Webinar recordings are 1-2 hours in length)
- 2 Interactive Discussion Forums (2 hours in length)
- Meet virtually with up to 10 participants and a mentor coach to review homework associated with the Coaching Skills Webinars and to practice skills in a supportive environment
- 2 telephonic practice coaching sessions – At least one of the calls you will either be the coach or the coachee. The other call you may choose to be a listener if you prefer.
- 10 Wellness Webinars focusing on coaching clients in various topics
- Topics such as: Healthy Eating, Weight Management, Stress Management, Emotional Eating, Life Balance, Know Your Numbers, etc.
- See Course Descriptions for the topics being offered. You may choose the 10 topics of interest to you.
- You will have access to a handout for each topic
- A 10 question quiz will follow each webinar
- The webinars are recorded so that you may watch them at your convenience and are approximately 1.5 hours in length
- On-line comprehensive final exam
- Telephonic Practical Skills Assessment (PSA) with a mentor coach for feedback
How long does all of this take? That’s really up to you!
The webinars are recorded and available in our library of webinars at your convenience.
The interactive discussion forums and the telephonic coaching sessions are live. Once you are registered for the program, you will have access to our calendar of events to schedule your sessions. We offer both daytime and evening sessions to accommodate your various schedules.
What is the cost?
The cost is $1992 for either track. This amount covers all of the training and may be paid in one transaction or in a 6 month no interest payment option.
You will have access to material to download at your convenience. Please be aware of any long distance fees for the live interactive discussions and practice sessions.
What are the prerequisites for the certification?
After working in the wellness world for a number of years, we have found that there is not a degree, background or type of person which makes the “best coach”. Our hope is that we will complement your already existing skills with this wellness coach certification. Therefore, there are no specific prerequisites required. We do recommend some reading to supplement the program but it is optional.